All 10 items have been chosen because they will have an immediate,
large and direct impact on the environment and all can be easily done by everyone.
1. I will reduce the energy consumption of my showers through a combination of reduced time,
reduced flow and reduced temperature.
2. I will put everything recyclable in the recycling bin and everything compostable
in the compost bin even if it's extra effort.
3. I will only serve myself the food I will eat and will leave nothing left on my plate.
4. I will keep my cell phone for 4 years minimum. I will only charge my battery to 80 %
to extend the life of the battery if my phone does not have excellent battery management.
5. I will keep my thermostat at a maximum of 21.5C (70.7F) in winter and a minimum 25C (77F)
in summer. I will do this by dressing appropriately (sweater & undershirt in winter,
shorts and short-sleeved shirts in summer).
6. I will take walks or runs in public outdoor places and will carry a bag with me to collect
all garbage/recycling I see and dispose of it properly.
7. I will only dispose of pharmaceuticals by returning them to a pharmacy.
8. I will seal up leaks in doors and windows and insulate my house better.
9. I will place a small recycling bin in my bathroom(s) and recycle the toilet paper roll cores
and I will avoid using a printer unless absolutely necessary and will always
print double-sided if possible.
10. I will pass this challenge to at least 3 other people.